Saturday, May 1, 2010

Getting on with it

I'm scared.

Having done the writing workshop, I know I have to write some more to become a better writer and be "readable". I wish I could just sit and write and write some more and have it be the best anyone has ever read.

I'm scared that I may not be good enough.

I've read some works and wonder how they could just describe things so vividly (currently reading travel writing by Don George). I realized I wanted to focus on travel writing more than anything now because I LOVE to travel and I LOVE to write.

I'm scared to fail.

I know you learn from failure but my ego wants to back out and just keep writing for myself. But I don't want to be one of those people true writers scoff at and say, "She just thinks she's a writer..".... a writer "wanna be"

I have spent the week thinking of how to write my article... trying, stopping, writing, doubting myself. But...... I.    HAVE.    TO.     TRY.

I just feel scared and I feel no one wants to read what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...