Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Crickety

It was two nights ago, I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep.  This is surprising and unusual for me.

I am the type of person that can fall asleep  just like THAT. My husband once told me, I woke up and answered one of his questions and then not a second later, was snoring softly again. (I really love my beauty sleep)

So, couldn't fall back to sleep. I shifted my position from lying on my side to lying flat on my back. I could feel the cool sheets under me and tried to get comfortable. It wasn't working. I was feeling a pain creeping slowly up my back. I tried shifting to the right... and then to the left....

The pain just came.  It was like someone put a brick on my back and then stepped on it. I tried moving to another position but it wasn't helping me. I was panicky. The hum of the airconditioning, the darkness of the room - the things that used to be my "sleep aids" felt redundant. All that was in my head was pain...! The seconds were ticking by like hours and me... wishing to fall asleep.

I finally nudged my sleeping husband and he got me a pain reliever and got myself to sleep.

"You're getting old... admit it" was what my husband declared as we sipped coffee the next day. He, with his bad knee and whacked back, was smiling and nodding to me. I let out a big sigh. "yes, your right" was all I could say. My back FROZE on me. And this, after I start doing yoga. ????!!!!????

My husband is smug. He is relishing the fact that he can kid me about getting old.  I don't think I am. however.....

The mind is willing but the body is weak. (and crickety)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...