Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trip with my father

I had forgotten how it was to take a trip with my father. It had been awhile and I was scheduled for my regular buying trip to Hk for my business. My mom wanted my dad to tag along since he was lethargic most of the time. (He just came from getting sick). My mom thought  getting around HK would give him some exercise and jumpstart his system.

I usually stay only 3 days per trip, but this time, I booked 4 days. I only got to work one day out of the 4 days. My brother and my husband went with us, so we were a foursome.

My father reminds me of Sean Connery. He is of the same generation and carried himself in the same suave way. His tastes are also down that alley. He is such a cool dude!

What I love about him, is that he never complains. You know some old people, they complain about the food, being tired... price for eating, shopping etc. But my father, he looks at the menu and declares, "All right, order what you want-- I'm buying!"

He has no qualms at all of entering a pricey store and asking for the price of a gold wristwatch...or buying my mom a $2000 PRADA bag..

I usually don't shop for myself. (I am stingy at times) But my dad was quite the opposite. (my mom said, it was a good thing he was born male.. if he was a female.. whoa is the man to marry him!! He is just a shopaholic!)....After two days, all his shopping was kind of rubbing off on me.   He bought some lens for his canon camera and I asked for the price of the Olympus pen (epl2) I was craving since last year. I crunched the numbers and it turned out a pretty good deal. (the kit included a 14-42mm lens, 8gb SD card, tripod, camera case and extra battery). ~ I got it in white.

Shopping with my father is super contagious. I got a mulberry bag too~~~~

It made me look like Indiana Jones... I love the size and the roomy construction of it. I can fit my camera, notebook and other things as well. It is a "IT" bad without being too loud.

On another walk, My father went looking for a sketcher shoe my brother recommended- it was the newest shoe model. He bought it of course and I was just sitting there when the saleslady asked if I was interested to purchase one for myself. It was pricey at $131. I said no. (I had spent too much already) But my dad said to go ahead and try and he would pay for it. (yey!!)--- new shoe!

I dont think you can find a better traveling companion other than my dad. (My mom always complains about the prices~ loudly too) but my dad just coolly smiles and chats up the saleslady with his charm... Sean Connery 007!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...