Friday, October 8, 2010

cookie cookie cookie

I should have titled this YUM YUM YUM....



I tried the recipe I found in a application I had in my iphone (BIG OVEN)

Crispy Oatmeal cookies


3/4 c Margarine; softened  (you can use butter)
3/4 c Light brown sugar (I think if you use white sugar, you'll get a crispier cookie.. it all boils down to preference)
1/2 c Sugar  (I think you can reduce the amount of sugar to 1/4 cup)
1 lg Egg
1/2 ts Vanilla
1/4 ts Salt
3/4 c All-purpose flour
1 1/4 c Quick-cooking oats
1/2 c Chopped nuts (optional)
finely chopped
1/2 c Raisins, seedless (optional)--- I hate raisins so I didn't put any.


Instructions
Recipe by: Womans Day (19xx) Preparation Time: 0:12 Cream butter and sugars until fluffy with electric mixer. (see above pic)...


Beat in egg, vanilla and salt. By hand, stir in flour, a 1/4 cup at a time. (see side picture)





Stir in oats. (Add nuts and/o raisins now.) Crop by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart. They will spread. But if you want them thinner still, flatten each one with a glass bottom thats been coated in granulated sugar. Bake at 350. About 12 minutes (not too dry!) but browned. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 3-4 dozen If raisins are dry, they will draw moisture from batter as they bake. So use real fresh or plumb (soak) them with a little hot water..



The cookies turned out great. The kids loved them. This one is something I would try again.

now off to cookie land!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...