Sunday, February 2, 2020

The road to a better and fruitful 2020

It’s been a long while since I wrote something. I guess the last two years were a bit bleh for me. Trying to be creative was so hard if you were emotionally drained. Wasn’t updating the blog nor drawing anything or posting on instagram.

BUT... 2020 is a new century.... and yes. Everything is looking up. As I really believe. Family is everything. I am really thankful to God that He showed me the right path to take. (Guided me on what I have to do).

So... going back.

I committed myself to doing something creative. Like making time for my watercolor. I took time to attend a workshop of PLAYCRAFTS (they can be found on IG and FB). I highly recommend their workshops. I have a fair share of them after all. The teacher is very knowledgeable, the materials provided were really up to par (prime if I may say so) and the teaching was very hands on (limited students)

Here is a sample of my “practice”
Not bad eh? And that was just the practice!
the carnations you can see are a bit wonky... LOL

Another thing I have been working out... (literally) is doing a 21k sometime in the future.

I can’t really say I have worked up that part... still trying to build up my mileage (doing 3-5k and 7k)

So far, I have improved my time. From 9 minutes / km (at the start) to about 7:40- 8 mins



Although I haven’t lost weight (maybe 3lbs- 5lbs?) I felt a shift in my body... shorts have started fitting again. Which is good. This is my old time


And now this is my last run (a 7km run)



Which I can say is quite an achievement. It really takes a lot for me to start running. I really don’t like it. But my ever supportive hubby is pushing me to achieve things I may not imagine myself doing.

One thing I can say... a good playlist is key to the pushing. Like WHAM’S “wake me up before you go go”... hahaha

Wish me luck. Goal is 21k in march... haven’t registered yet... Can’t even wrap my head around the distance. But I guess you have to tackle everything one step at a time. One kilometer at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...