Thursday, May 10, 2018

Hotel Review: Via hotel taipei main station

It has been a long time since I visited Taiwan. I usually get centrally located hotels at cities where I stay, preferably near modes of transport. Via Hotel was just that.

Via Hotel was really a winner for me

 First off, they have a 24/7 lounge where you can drink coffee and have snacks (taiwanese snacks, soya milk, ice cream, instant noodles). I must say, their coffee was really good!
ice cream and soda all you can


unli juice and water plus yogurt and soy milk

taiwanese snacks



noodles
And to think I only paid about $90/ night. The savings from my coffee and water consumption was well worth it! did I mention they even have massage chairs you can use for free??? (sorry no picture)

ROOMS

The rooms was clean and modern and the bed was comfy. (And I am very particular about beds)
Although the room size was not very big... It was enough for the price I paid considering.


inside the room was also a back massager..... you can use to massage your lower back. First time for me to see one in a hotel room. ++++ points! hubby really made use of this one

massager

The toilet also was "japanese" style with the buttons and bidet options. If you haven't been to japan and experienced their toilets... you are missing a lot!

The hotel itself is situated in the "book" street of Taipei.. all around if you walk, you can see several bookstores. There was also one daiso-like shop near the hotel (sorry forgot to take the name) that sold cute and cheap items.
the trip from the airport was very straight forward (one express train ride) and then a 900m/ 10 min  walk. I really dont mind walking so the 2 block walk was also a opportunity to look around.

The hotel is so centrally located, you can walk to the chiang kai shek memorial and the other surrounding city must sees. (president's house, the city wall etc)

In the morning, the lounge serves breakfast (although it was not written in the hotel booking).






It is open to all hotel guests, with bread, cheese, siao long pao (dumplings), pork bun and cereal. Loved lounging in that area after a long day and just drink coffee. (there is also a TV there).

Overall bothe me and my husband gave this hotel 4 stars for cleanliness and the amenities they provide for their guests.

BTW, around the hotel are a lot of beef noodle joints. You can try them one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...